AVOID GETTING SICK AT WORK
6 Tips To Stay Healthy In The Office
There are many ways that you can prevent catching a cold. Below are simple things that can reduce the chances of you picking up a cold at work.
- Steer clear of co-workers who are coughing and sneezing more often than not. It’s likely they have a cold and this is the most common way a cold can spread. It’s a sign they’re contagious and a good reason to stay away!1
- Avoid the hot spots or places that others that are infected are likely to touch. Bacteria and viruses can live on surfaces for hours, so try to avoid contact or wash your hands straight after.2
- If you cough or sneeze, make sure to cover your mouth or nose with a tissue and throw it away after use. This stops the bacteria moving through the air that you breathe in. Then wash your hands.
- Wash your hands with soap and water. Make sure you wash them regularly, scrubbing hard for 20 seconds or more to ensure you get rid of any germs on your skin. If you can't get to soap and water, use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.1
- Sleeping and eating well and regularly can help you feel healthy and boost the immune system.
- Your body is stronger if it’s looked after. Getting seven or more hours of sleep every night and eating a well-balanced diet gives your body the fuel and rest it needs to fight infection and illness.1
1 Stay Healthy: 6 Tips for Avoiding Cols and Flu. WebMD. Available from http://symptoms.webmd.com/cold-flu-map/avoid-cold-flu (Accessed 10 July 2018).
2 20 Surprising Ways to Prevent Colds and Flu. Health. Available from http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20752945,00.html (Accessed 10 July 2018).