Otrivin® Junior Nasal Spray
Formulated with a lower concentration of active ingredient to relieve little blocked noses. Perfect for children who favour a spray format.
- Fast acting
- Long lasting
- For children aged 6 to 11 years
How it works
Otrivin® Junior Nasal Spray contains the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride that helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing swollen blood vessels.
How to use
For children aged 6-11 years only on the advice of a doctor or pharmacist: 2 sprays per nostril, use 2-3 times daily, as necessary. Do not use more often than every 8 hours. Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Before first use, remove protective cap and press applicator until an even spray is produced.
- Clear nose of mucus by wiping, or have child blow nose gently.
- Insert nozzle into nostril and press applicator firmly once. Children old enough to understand should be told to sniff during application.
- Withdraw nozzle and release applicator. Repeat in other nostril.
- Wipe nozzle and replace cap.
Xylometazoline hydrochloride (0.5 mg/mL), benzalkonium chloride, sodium chloride, sodium dihydrogen phosphate, disodium phosphate dedecahydrate, disodium edetate, sorbitol, methlyhydroxypropylcellulose and purified water.
Do not use:
- In children under 6 years of age.
- If you are allergic to xylometazoline
- After recent operations through the nose or mouth
- If you have narrow angle glaucoma
- If you have inflammatory nasal dryness
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding
- If you have any other medical conditions.
- If you are taking other medicines
Warnings & cautions
- If congestion persists for more than 3 days, seek medical advice
- Do not use for more than 3 days unless advised by a pharmacist or doctor
- Each pack should be used by only one person, for reasons of hygiene
- Brief stinging sensation or sneezing may occur
- Excessive use may damage lining of nose
- If irritation occurs or if you have signs of allergy, discontinue use
Otrivin® Junior Nasal Spray is available in 10 mL packs. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use after the expiry date stated on the bottle. Store below 30ºC