Otrivin® Adult Nasal Drops
For adults and adolescents over 12 years old who favour drop format for fast and effective relief of nasal congestion.
- Acts in 5 minutes
- Long lasting relief
How it works
Otrivin® Adult Nasal Drops contains the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride that helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing swollen blood vessels.
How to use
For adults and adolescents over 12 years of age: 2 or 3 drops into each nostril, 2 to 3 times daily, as needed. Do not use more often than every 8 hours.
- Blow nose gently to clear
- Tilt head back
- Insert dropper a little way into the nostril and squeeze bulb gently to release required number of drops
- Repeat in other nostril
- Replace cap
Xylometazoline hydrochloride (1.0 mg/mL), benzalkonium chloride, sodium chloride, sodium dihydrogen phosphate, disodium phosphate dedecahydrate, disodium edetate, sorbitol, methlyhydroxypropylcellulose and purified water.
Do not use:
- If under 12 years of age. Otrivin® Junior is available for children 6-11 years
- If you are allergic to xylometazoline
- After recent operations through the nose or mouth
- If you have narrow angle glaucoma
- If you have inflammatory nasal dryness
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding
- If you have any other medical conditions.
- If you are taking other medicines
Warnings & cautions
- If congestion persists for more than 3 days, seek medical advice
- Do not use for more than 3 days unless advised by a pharmacist or doctor
- Each pack should be used by only one person, for reasons of hygiene
- Brief stinging sensation or sneezing may occur
- Excessive use may damage lining of nose
- If irritation occurs or if you have signs of allergy, discontinue use
Otrivin® Adult Nasal Drops are available in 10 mL packs. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use after the expiry date stated on the bottle. Store below 30ºC