The usual frequency of use is 2 to 4 times a day per nostril. Suitable for infants, children and adults. However, you should seek medical advice before using it on an infant less than 2 weeks old. For children below 11 years, Otrivin Baby & Kids should be used under adult supervision. In elderly or disabled people, the use of the device may require help from an adult. For infants and toddlers (up to 2 years): 1 spray in each nostril as needed. For adults and children (over 2 years): 1 or 2 sprays in each nostril as needed.
For hygienic reasons and to avoid contamination, the nasal spray should be used by one person.
- Clear/ blow the nose if necessary.
- Before and after using Otrivin Baby & Kids, wash your hands carefully.
- Remove the protective cap of the metered dose spray.
- Hold the bottle with thumb at base and nozzle between second and third fingers. When using the bottle for the first time, prime the metered dose spray by spraying several times into the air until an even spray emerges. The metered dose spray is then ready to use.
- For infants and toddlers: Position baby in their most comfortable position.
- Carefully insert the tip of the nozzle just inside the nostril. Spray one puff at the same time as breathing in through the nose. Repeat in the other nostril.
- Wipe nozzle and keep it dry after use. Put the protective cap back on.