Otrivin Baby & Kids Nasal Spray
How it works
Otrivin Baby & Kids is an isotonic saline solution that gently cleanses the nasal cavities when the nose is blocked by washing away the excess mucus or the allergen particles such as dust or pollen. It also moisturises dry or irritated noses.
How to use
Otrivin Baby & Kids is an isotonic saline solution. The salt concentration is optimised to prevent any nasal irritation. The solution contains castor oil (macrogol glycerol hydroxystearate) which is known to have moisturising and emollient properties. Otrivin Baby & Kids is recommended to gently cleanse the nasal cavities when the nose is blocked, e.g. during a cold or in allergic conditions, by washing away the excess mucus or the allergen particles such as dust or pollen. It also moisturises the nasal mucosa when dry or irritated in case of minor nasal irritations or due to low humidity (e.g. due to heated/airconditioned rooms, high altitude, air travelling) as well as thinning and loosen nasal secretions and help their removal.
Suitable for infants aged 2 weeks old and above, children and adults.
The usual frequency of use is 2 to 4 times a day per nostril. Suitable for infants, children and adults. However, you should seek medical advice before using it on an infant less than 2 weeks old. For children below 11 years, Otrivin Baby & Kids should be used under adult supervision. In elderly or disabled people, the use of the device may require help from an adult. For infants and toddlers (up to 2 years): 1 spray in each nostril as needed. For adults and children (over 2 years): 1 or 2 sprays in each nostril as needed.
For hygienic reasons and to avoid contamination, the nasal spray should be used by one person.
- Clear/ blow the nose if necessary.
- Before and after using Otrivin Baby & Kids, wash your hands carefully.
- Remove the protective cap of the metered dose spray.
- Hold the bottle with thumb at base and nozzle between second and third fingers. When using the bottle for the first time, prime the metered dose spray by spraying several times into the air until an even spray emerges. The metered dose spray is then ready to use.
- For infants and toddlers: Position baby in their most comfortable position.
- Carefully insert the tip of the nozzle just inside the nostril. Spray one puff at the same time as breathing in through the nose. Repeat in the other nostril.
- Wipe nozzle and keep it dry after use. Put the protective cap back on.